Job Title: Financial Accountant – Japan
Location (primary): Tokyo, Japan
What will you do on your journey with WebBeds?
WebBeds is the world’s second largest accommodation supplier to the travel industry. We are a global company offering ground services (hotels, transfers, tours, activities) to travel professionals. Our products cover our full business needs, from distribution APIs, payment integrations, SAP integration, Data Lakes, User Interfaces, and others. Our search API reach peaks of more than 50.000 request per second, each one with tens or hundreds of hotels. And those numbers are growing every year.
How you will make an impact:
As a Financial Accountant in Japan at WebBeds, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the accuracy and compliance of financial records. You will be responsible for managing financial transactions, preparing financial statements, and supporting overall financial operations. Your attention to detail and understanding of Japanese accounting standards will be essential in maintaining precise and transparent financial records.
Key elements to the role include:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records, ensuring compliance to Japanese accounting principles and collaborating with cross-functional teams to gather necessary information.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, providing timely and reliable financial information to support decision-making for Japan and APAC entities. Effective communication with various stakeholders is essential.
- Ensure compliance with local tax regulations, including preparation and submission of tax returns and supporting documentation. Take accountability for accurate and timely tax filings.
- Collaborate with management to develop budgets and forecasts, communicating financial insights and supporting continuous development initiatives to enhance financial planning processes.
- Assist in the coordination of internal and external audits, providing necessary documentation and explanations to auditors.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and contribute to the development and implementation of improved financial processes, fostering a culture of innovation and continuous development.
- Conduct in-depth financial analysis, including variance analysis, trend analysis, and cost analysis to provide insights into financial performance and support strategic decision-making.
- Manage and forecast cash flows, ensuring optimal liquidity for daily operations, and identifying areas for improvement in cash management processes.
- Implement and maintain effective cost accounting systems, analyzing cost structures, and recommending cost-saving measures to improve overall financial performance.
- Work closely with other departments, providing financial insights and supporting overall business objectives. Collaborate and empower team members to achieve common goals.
- Prepare & issue Daily Sales Report to Management.
- Asset management
- Assist Finance Controller APAC and local GM with other ad hoc tasks as and when required
- Uphold a strong ethical work ethic, ensuring financial practices align with the highest standards of professionalism and integrity.
- HR Support (e.g. supporting WebBeds HR Team, arranging annual medical check-ups)
- Office Admin Support on required office supplies.
- Ensuring onboarding/off-boarding of employees including assistance in computer and mobile set up and retrieval of such items.
- Documenting and filing of legally required documents.
- Support GM with company or partner events as and when required.
The skills we would love to see in your suitcase!
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Finance, or an equivalent field.
- Professional qualifications such as Chartered Accountant, CPA, or ACCA.
- Preferred minimum of 5 years relevant accounting experience (candidates with 2 to 3 years’ experience in a Big 4 Audit Firm are at an advantage).
- In-depth understanding of Japanese Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (JGAAP) and proficiency in applying them to financial operations. Commitment to ongoing learning and compliance.
- Effective and strong interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate with internal teams, external partners, and auditors.
- A collaborative team player with meticulous attention to detail.
- Proactive attitude, positive work ethic, and a strong sense of accountability.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work autonomously within tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel to support various regional locations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Fluent English and Japanese communication skills, both written and oral.
- Familiarity with SAP is a plus.