Job Title: VCC Operations Executive
Department: Shared Services Finance
Location (primary): Targu Mures
- The role will involve resolving our suppliers and internal partners VCC related quires on a 24/7 basis to avoid any disruptions to client check in or supplier dissatisfaction with our service
- This will include but not limited to queries submitted to the Team by internal and external phone calls, e-mails, on the spot situations, and any other matters that relate to VCC transactional processes
- Ensure all VCC fraud alerts are actioned/investigated same day to mitigate loss to the company, ensure detected matters relating to potential mass scale fraud are alerted to senior management in real time
- Detect and report to senior management consistent areas of improvement in particular duplicate charges, same supplier – errors in charging card, multi attempts to charge wrong card and others as agreed with line manager
- To ensure VCC provider statements are received and reconciled in time for the Month-End closing
- To process payments in the bank in time for the funds to reach the VCC provider no later than statement due date as per internal procedure, ensure internal VCC payment monitoring document is completed in real time
- Investigating non -matching invoices to bookings, dealing with supplier and internal departmental
- Ensure all chargebacks are actioned adhering to card providers submission timelines, mitigate liability to the company for overcharges, fraud, any form of debit balances
- Maintain a clean and accurate creditor’s ledger and reconciliation, ensure monthly reconciliation, and highlight key issues to senior management
- Maintain a strong working relationship with suppliers, contracting, Operations
- To support the VCC Operations Team Leader & Senior in delivering the output of the department on time and to the standard required by the company
- To provide support to the Team Leader and Senior for daily tasks and ad-hoc assignments as delegated
- Ensure all suppliers are paid in accordance with contractual terms and conditions
- To uphold company policy & procedure while ensuring that all internal partners also adhere to the rules & regulations agreed to by the company.
- Use initiative to resolve supplier & internal Ops, contracting VCC queries promptly and unresolved disputes respecting the SLA
- Attending to external phone calls & emails from suppliers and internal teams to assist in providing on the spot VCC payments and any other payment/card charge issues as applicable
- Manual VCC issuing to be actioned as applicable to scenario and to be recorded and reported periodically
- Investigate VCC Fraud alerts from providers in real time, action immediately
- Identify & deal with overcharges in a timely manner and in adherence to providers submission deadlines
- Minimise any form of liability/debit balances to avoid loss to the company
- Be proactive in combating issues that reflects negatively on Webbeds, suppliers’ errors etc, be proactive in calling suppliers, re-educating them on how to charge a card and other scenarios as applicable
- Updating contact details / supplier details including logging failed email addresses and updating primary system
- Recognise and sort invoices via email and/or printed documents
- Ensure accurate monthly VCC providers statement reconciliations, ensure VCC providers ledgers are up to date by end of month close, all postings and allocations are completed
- Ensure accounting entries to financial system are accurate and completed by month end close
- Reconciliation of booking adjustments from the booking platform to the creditor’s ledger
- Resolve un-reconciled booking queries and rates calculations according to the company policies and procedures
- Processing VCC provider payments accurately and on time in accordance with the contractual agreements and statement of account due dates
- Maintaining departmental policies and procedures, making suggestions for improvement
- Prepares analysis and report of responded emails and open tickets daily.
- Recommends process improvements and control.
- Prepare KPI’s analysis as agreed with line manager
- Other ad hoc work as directed by the Accounts Payable Team Leader or Finance Managers
- Your responsibilities may be adjusted to cater for a specific role or project
- Assist the AP Team Leader and Senior Management with any finance projects as requested
- Ensure support for the ERP project.
Level of Financial Responsibility
- Mitigate debit balances, fraud liabilities to avoid loss to the company.
- VCC provider statements are reconciled accurately, and postings completed by month end
- VCC providers payments are submitted accurately and on time in accordance with contractual agreements
- Supplier & internal departments queries are resolved to SLA and company guidelines to ensure suppliers are paid on time
- Making sure all potential Fraud cases are actioned immediately
- Set KPI’s are prepared and met monthly in accordance with internal processes, such as charge backs, debit balances mitigation, supplier satisfaction, fraud alerts/actions
- Respecting the dates for monthly reports allowing time for submission and review by Team Leader by month end close
- To complete daily tasks on time so it doesn’t affect other departments activities
- Maintaining business and departmental internal policies and procedure
- Maintain strong working relationships with Contracting and Operations.
Essential Qualifications & Knowledge
- No specific qualifications required
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and
- Excel (understanding formulas) is essential
Essential Experience, Skills and Behavioural Requirements
- Excellent problem-solving skills essential
- Strong numerical skills essential
- Highly accurate with an excellent attention to detail is essential
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Good verbal skills and excellent written skills in English is essential
- Strong team player, positive, driven, flexible and adaptable.
Desirable Qualifications & Knowledge
- Financial background and knowledge of a financial system are desirable.
- Knowledge of a Travel industry booking platform is desirable.
Desirable Experience, Skills and Behavioural Requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of the Accounts environment desirable.