Team Leader is responsible for providing quality and efficient customer service through the daily management of a team of employees to include hiring, motivating, recognizing, and rewarding, coaching, training, and problem solving.
Job Title: Team Leader
Location (primary): Palma
- To actively manage the performance of the team and provide training, coaching and support and as necessary to improve results.
- To assess the quality of each team member’s work based on the performance indicators and giving feedback to the employee to resolve any issues found.
- To assist in the setting of performance standards and objectives for team member’s and to communicate these clearly.
- To follow up on the team’s performance against the actions required for a certain task, giving feedback as necessary and invoking performance management procedures if improvements are not made.
- Monitor the calls and email to ensure that due procedures and quality standards are strictly adhered to our SLA
- To create action plans to improve the team’s performance indicating how these improvements will be made and the results that will be achieved.
- To make sure that the senior team members (experienced staff) are performing as expected and intervene as needed.
- To perform team member’s 121 meetings and appraisals.
- To facilitate monthly team meetings as required.
- To provide constant feedback to line manager on the team’s performance.
- To prepare for and undertake probationary review meetings with the team, reviewing their progress against their objectives and agreeing actions for future review. Working closely with Training team to assess performance.
- To work with the HR department, undertake disciplinary meetings.
- To work with the line manager to identify additional training or support required to ensure team members are undertaking their duties to the highest possible standards.
- To motivate the team to deliver an excellent customer service at all times.
- To co-ordinate call centre operational tasks to ensure that they are completed within the agreed timescales.
- To identify where improvements can be made to existing processes and procedures to improve the efficiency/effectiveness of the department and to implement changes as agreed
- To attempt to resolve any disputes or situations that arise with other departments as swiftly and amicably as possible, and to escalate to the line manager if unable to do so directly.
- To deal with the administrative duties attached to the role.
- Schedule and organize shift patterns for the teams to ensure that customers are never left unattended.
- Understand all organization’s products, services, procedures, and guidelines and communicate same to all team members
- To complete any other tasks as directed by the line manger within reason.
- To undertake Operations Consultant duties and responsibilities as and when required.
- To provide assistance as requested to the line manager
- Liaise with the Training Specialist to determine needs and requirements for training new starters and existing team members. Provide feedback on training.
- To fill in and centralise the losses report and ensure the data is accurate.
- Ensure a safe and harmonious working environment for all team members.
Level of Financial Responsibility
- Determined by the department regulations and process
- Delivery of service standards through the team.
- Performance of the Customer Service team, based on the Performance Objectives (KPI’s), Universal Core Competencies (Communication, Contributing to Team Success, Customer Focus, Continuous Learning, and Innovation) and Q&A evaluations
- Team member and stakeholder’s feedback.
- Retention rates based on exit interviews, absence rates, overall team performance.
- Quality of response to enquiries and bookings – consistently demonstrating a “Here to Help” attitude through the quality of conversations with customers.
- Monthly 121 meetings with the line manager to assess the individual performance and identify areas for improvement and developmental needs. Provide and receive feedback against the agreed objectives.
- End and mid-year appraisal. A process by which a manager or consultant examines and evaluates an employee’s work behaviour by comparing it with present standards, documents the results of the comparison, and uses the results to provide feedback to the employee.
Essential Qualifications and Knowledge
- Demonstrated service excellence orientation.
- The ability to maximize performance of the department.
- Strong communication, problem solving, organizational and delegation skills.
- The ability to develop team strengths, identify and improve weaknesses.
- Showcase good leadership skills to carry team members along.
- Proven Leadership experience in customer service for a minimum of 2 years
- Experience in a call centre or contact centre environment
- Ability to present value added solutions to customers
- Preferred knowledge in the Travel Industry B2B environment
Essential Experience, Skills and Behavioural Requirements
- Understanding the role of a team leader
- Proven ability to manage and motivate (whether in work context or out of work context)
- Strong communication, interpersonal and client relationship management skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Effective delegation skills
- Ability to coach and train others
- Flexible and adaptable
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Stamina and persistence
- Resilience and open to working in an ever-changing environment
- A “can do” approach
- Ability to organize and plan effectively and to prioritize tasks to manage multiple activities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Willingness and ability to take ownership for decisions
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skill.
- Initiative to achieve the best result
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time without errors and mistakes.
- Knowledge of computer systems
Download: Job Description – Team Leader – PalmaApply Now