An opportunity to join a fast-growing business, combining the stability of a listed company whilst featuring the culture of a start-up. WebBeds is a dynamic, fast-paced organization, looking for leaders who want to make a difference. The successful candidate will define and execute an end-to-end regional strategy; determine which markets WebBeds should operate in and execute accordingly, penetrate existing markets; and aggressively pursue new business. The LATAM lead will instil a culture defined by true customer focus and develop an industry-leading sales team, capable of getting things done on behalf of the customer, and getting things done with the customer. This involves attention to detail, the obsessive pursuit of better outcomes, rallying and influencing internal and external stakeholders, a sense of urgency, and an unwavering focus on commercial outcomes. We are committed to an environment of self-determination where we have the latitude to develop and execute strategies that bring to bear the sum of our combined experience, aptitude, and ambition. If you’re eager, committed and you want to make an impact this could be the role for you.
Job Title: SVP Sales, LATAM
Location (primary): Orlando, Miami, Cancun, Sao Paolo
- To redefine the regional sales strategy: customer penetration, strategic account management, business development and market entry.
- To define a resource plan and to hire exceptional talent to execute the strategy.
- To refresh sales practices and to lead from the front.
- To be a hands-on leader, developing, mentoring, and supporting talent to ensure that WebBeds remains a great place to work, with motivated, happy people that love what they do. To collaborate with peers and across the organization to problem solve, to get the best from the organization, and to bring to bear the full capability of the organization to create quality commercial outcomes.
- To develop new ideas, Implement and test them, and to course correct as necessary.
- To negotiate commercial terms with customers to create win-win outcomes in which WebBeds is top-of-mind for customers, backed by a culture of hunger, flexibility, creativity, and growth.
- Monthly structured reporting to review customer performance, what’s happening, why, and what we need to do about it.
- Collaboration with all functions both within and outside the region to develop existing customer business, with Revenue Management, Sourcing, Pricing, and Commercial Strategy to get the best outcomes for the customer and for the organization.
- To have the humility to share the account with internal stakeholders who share the same objectives of sales growth through insight, discovery, and adaptation.
- Keep peers, leadership and other stakeholders informed about market trends and development on an ongoing basis.
- To work with Accounts Receivables to ensure timely payments.
- Willingness to travel very regularly and on-demand throughout the allocated region and trade events as per business requirements.
- Build close and influential relationships at C-Level with strategic and other customers and tourism companies.
- To analyze and understand customer business models and to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify new opportunities for business development within existing accounts and present the company at Fairs, Trade Shows, conferences, and client events with the aim of increasing the profile of the company.
- To become fluent in WebBeds’ reporting tools, including Power BI, Graffana, and others.
- To be a cultural ambassador for the region and develop positive working relationships and contribute to making WebBeds a great culture and an enjoyable place to work.
- Revenue growth targets (combined TTV and Margin).
- Culture Amp survey results.
- Ability to foster highly productive quality working relationships with peers.
- Timely, high-standard reporting.
Essential Qualifications & Knowledge
- The ideal candidate has an established network in the travel sector in the assigned region.
- Previous experience working within the travel industry, ideally in a B2B accommodation business or technology platform.
- Minimum 3 years Sales & Team management experience.
- Fluent English and Spanish, with Brazilian Portuguese a significant advantage
- Experience and understanding of API/XML technical integrations.
- Written reporting experience in corporate English.
- Excel and office package knowledge.
- Successful C-level negotiation experience.
- Tangible track record of sales success.
Desirable Experience, Skills, and Behavioural Requirements
- Analytical skills to track metrics and ensure delivering success and target compliance.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strategic thinker with a positive, “can do” attitude.
- Professional, credible, confident, enthusiastic, Self-motivated, organized, flexible, and able to work well under pressure. Willing to walk the extra mile.
- Proactive and results driven.
- Track record of meeting deadlines.
- Organized and able to balance the demands of several activities.
- Ability to produce and analyze accurate reporting information.
- A work ethic that commits to the task until the goal is exceeded.
- Availability and flexibility to travel up to 40%.