Job Title: Strategic KAM, Chains
Location (primary): Orlando, Home based Americas
The role of the Strategic KAM, Chains is to achieve KPI targets set by the company for the regions allocated. To achieve the target number and mix of hotels, with the correct prices and availability, as defined by the Regional Director, Chains.
Replacement role for key Americas destination, and responsibility for commercial relations with key chains. The candidate should be highly analytical, with in-depth knowledge of multi contracts and a full understanding of dynamic as well as static rates and connectivity due to destination-specific, and a good communicator with advanced account management skills.
- Consult and agree with the Regional Director, Chains on the specific product requirements.
- Ensure hotels are contracted within specified deadlines.
- Identify ‘must-have’ hotels within a destination and contract where appropriate.
- Organize regular visits to local hotels clusters to educate them on how we work
- Consult and agree with the Regional Director, Chains on an ongoing basis regarding deletions and additions to the product.
- Negotiate added value deals, overrides, and special offers.
- Coordinate and direct the Optimization manager to help with inventory and pricing changes
- Regularly monitor competitor pricing and availability in line with demand.
- Liaise with the yield team to ensure maximum profit, and communicate peak and trough dates so they can be priced appropriately.
- Advise on preferred partner hotels in the relevant destinations, negotiate exclusive deals
- Address and resolve any standard/service level issues with suppliers.
- Ensure hotels are inspected and details (photos, amenities, etc) are updated on a regular basis.
- Communicate destination information regarding peak dates, trade shows, visitor information, etc internally.
- Register with relevant tourist boards to gain information and to increase the company profile
- Manage the supplier relationship throughout the period of the contract, including dealing with closeout requests and book-out issues and liaising with relevant departments accordingly.
- Co-operate with Health and Safety team to ensure reports are completed and up to date.
- Communicate both internally and externally in a professional manner in keeping with the corporate guidelines.
Essential Qualifications and Knowledge
- Contracting experience gained with the hotel industry.
- Able to develop and maintain strong and trusting relationships with hoteliers.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or equivalent professional qualification.
Essential Experience, Skills and Behavioural Requirements
- Strong negotiation skills, commercial acumen, pro-active, dynamic, passionate, and a team player.
- Highly accurate with an excellent attention to detail.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly developed analytical skills, and proficient use of Microsoft office, especially Excel applications.
Download: Job Description – Strategic KAM, Chains Americas – Orlando, Home based AmericasApply Now