At UmrahHolidays, our sales team is the engine that drives our global consumer reach in the religious travel segment.
We are seeking a qualified sales manager to grow the overall business in the assigned market and maximise the revenue of a portfolio of Umrah Agents through exceptional customer management, product knowledge and sales tactics with the aim of achieving the revenue and margin target set for each client, and new business target.
Our ideal sales manager has in-depth knowledge of and experience with the Umrah Industry, excelling at lead generation, relationship building, and closing deals.
We’re seeking a candidate with strong negotiating skills, and with a track record of success who can inspire the same in others. The role demands an experienced industry professional with a positive attitude, strong relationship building and business development skills to drive sales and growth in key source markets.
Job Title: Sales Manager – UHI
Location (primary): Malaysia
- To deliver sales, margin and revenue company targets whilst looking after our clients in the Malaysian, Indonesian market
- Day to day management of the portfolio of accounts within the Malaysian, Indonesian market ensuring that their daily trading is constantly analysed, observed, and optimized.
- To focus and prioritize sales and account development to meet budget targets.
- To gain an in-depth understanding of all clients, their set up, their technology, their focus areas, to maximize opportunities & sales growth.
- To build strong and influential relationships with clients and IT houses at C level to create new sales opportunities.
- To finalise agreements, overrides and incentives.
- To implement regional company strategy in line with P&L.
- To entertain clients and sponsor client events as required.
- To represent the company at tradeshows, conferences, and client events with a focus on raising the company profile and building awareness on our brand.
- KPI: Reach and exceed regional KPIs & target set by CCO at TTV, margin and profit level.
- New clients: new client portfolio monthly growth
- Credit effectiveness: Supervise and coordinate with accounts peers to maintain client’s debt exposure under control.
- Product delivery: Ensuring monthly mapping of product XML Clients, including IT platform management
- Sales activity: Account management of overrides, ensuring effective P&L alignment
- Team engagement: Successful engagement with your peers in other regions
- Reporting: Monthly comprehensive reporting to Head of Sales
Essential Qualifications & Knowledge
- Must have proven Track record in Sales in Travel Industry
- Must be fluent in English
- Must understand the importance of the Umrah experience and be able to talk from experience
Essential Experience, Skills and Behavioural Requirements
- Organized and detailed: juggling multiple clients and deadlines
- Time management skills: understand how to prioritize
- Drive and self-motivation: Goal oriented
- Research and analytical skills to benchmark market and see opportunities
Desirable Qualifications & Knowledge
- Umrah Industry Experience & Network is a plus
- Local Language and Arabic are a plus
- B2B Experience
Desirable Experience, Skills and Behavioural Requirements
- Reporting tools, Excel, PowerBi
- CRM tools experience