Job Title: Sales Manager, Malaysia & Indonesia
Department: Sales & Business Development
Location (primary): Malaysia or Indonesia
To grow the overall business in Malaysia and Indonesia and maximize the revenue of a portfolio of Umrah Agents through exceptional customer management, product knowledge and sales tactics with the aim of achieving the revenue and margin target set for each client, and new business target.
- To deliver sales, margin and revenue company targets whilst looking after our clients in the assigned markets.
- Promote Umrah Holidays International and increase brand awareness and exposure in the assigned markets.
- Day to day management of the portfolio of accounts within the assigned markets ensuring that their daily trading is constantly analysed, observed, and optimized.
- To focus and prioritize sales and account development to meet budget targets.
- To gain an in-depth understanding of all clients, their set up, their technology, their focus areas, to maximize opportunities & sales growth.
- To build strong and influential relationships with clients and IT houses at C level to create new sales opportunities.
- To finalize agreements, overrides and incentives.
- Provide training sessions and webinars for clients and leads.
- To implement regional company strategy in line with P&L.
- Work on client sales segmentation and new business acquisition.
- To entertain clients and sponsor client events as required.
- To represent the company at trade shows, conferences, and client events with a focus on raising the company profile and building awareness on our brand.
- KPI: Reach and exceed regional KPIs & target set by CD at TTV, margin and profit level.
- New clients: Increase new client portfolio monthly growth.
- Credit effectiveness: Supervise and coordinate with accounts peers to maintain client’s debt exposure under control.
- Product delivery: Ensuring monthly mapping of product XML Clients, including IT platform management.
- Sales activity: Account management of overrides, ensuring effective P&L alignment.
- Team engagement: Successful engagement with your peers in other regions.
- Reporting: Weekly and Monthly comprehensive reporting to the Commercial Director.
Essential Qualifications & Knowledge
- Must have proven Track record in Sales, Account Management and Business Development in Travel Industry, preferably within the B2B travel distribution.
- Must be fluent in English and Market specific Languages.
- Must understand the importance of the Umrah experience and be able to talk from experience.
- Knowledge of reporting tools, Excel, Power Bi.
- CRM tools experience.
Essential Experience, Skills and Behavioural Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years sales experience.
- Has in-depth knowledge of and experience with the Umrah Industry and online B2B distribution, excelling at lead generation, relationship building, and closing deals.
- Strong negotiating, business development skills to drive sales and growth in key source markets.
- Experienced industry professional with a positive attitude and strong in building and maintaining relationship with clients and other stakeholders.
- Must be a sales hunter for new business and new client acquisition.
- Organized and detailed: juggling multiple clients and deadlines.
- Self-starter, able to work under pressure.
- Time management skills: understand how to prioritize, respect deadlines.
- Drive and self-motivation: Goal oriented.
- Research and analytical skills to benchmark market and identify opportunities.
- Teamwork and cross department collaboration.
- Experience with reporting deadlines.