The Product manager plays a major role in complementing the Contracting team in the relationship management with hotel partners, through optimisation of rates and availability with targeted actions as directed by Line Managers.
To be responsible for either a single destination or a larger geographical area. The area may be changed dependant on the needs of the business.
To build and maintain key relationships within the department, as well as inter-company.
Job Title: Product Manager
Department: Product (Contracting)
Location (primary): London, Palma or Paris
- Build and maintain direct relationships with hotel partners.
- Responsible for maintaining contractual hotel allocations, last-minute availability, and overall portfolio availability.
- Work with Hotels and Contracting Manager on special offers and promotions.
- Review, accept or negotiate against stop sales.
- Evaluate production and determine follow up action
- Educate hotel partners on supplier interface and implement training and usage.
- Undertaking tasks related to the competitiveness report.
- Undertake regular price comparisons for a given destination to always ensure we have the best rates.
- Assist with mapping and setting live of BAR contracts. Liaising with relevant teams to see the task through to the end.
- Analyse, investigate and implement recovery of 3P bookings to DC according to departmental parameters.
Additional responsibilities as a Senior:
- Trading & Market Analysis
- Undertaking tasks in relation to the control of hotel availability and price competitiveness
- Analyse and maximize availability and exposure in hotels where we have signed Marketing Fee and Overrides and monitor actual situation to reach targets.
- Analyse Fair periods to maximize availability and pricing
- Analysis of key reports and statistics along with other ad-hoc reports to help and drive revenue
- Dealing with supplier queries.
- Inter-departmental communication including accounts, reservations and customer care department, content, etc.
- Input extra availability into the system.
- Informing Contracts Managers of new leads and opportunities.
- Assisting Contracts Manager with urgent tasks whilst they are on business trips.
- Assist with loading of contracts in key destinations in exceptional circumstances.
Essential Qualifications and Knowledge
- Fluent French is compulsory
- Commercial awareness in the travel industry
- Good Microsoft Office knowledge, especially Excel and Outlook
Essential Experience, Skills and Behavioural Requirements
- Personal effectiveness with strong communication and influencing skills.
- Comfortable using phone to negotiate with suppliers.
- Experience in working in fast paced and multi-cultural environment.
- Proactive, with ability to offer solutions to issues encountered.
- Personable with lots of enthusiasm and a “can do” attitude.
- Team player
- Self- starter
- Ability to use multiple systems
- Ability to negotiate
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the team
- Ability to prioritise
- Organised with impeccable attention to detail
- Numerically astute
- Ability to build effective working relations both internally and external.
Desirable Qualifications and Knowledge
- Any language is an advantage.
Desirable Experience, Skills and Behavioural Requirements
- Have worked in similar role
- Experienced in various contracting platforms