The main purpose of this role is to build relations with key hotels in London and other designated areas if needed, to assist to place ad-hoc and series group bookings, according to the market requirements.
Negotiate the best possible rates and T&C with the hotels in order to maximise margins.
Undertake purchasing tasks for the Sales, the Key Accounts Team and the Operations Departments, in order to meet our clients’ requirements and deadlines.
To provide administration support to the Product Team as required.
Job Title: Product Executive
Location (primary): London, Edinburgh
- To place qualified group requests passed to Product by members of Sales and Key Account teams and to ensure that the right product has been offered at the best possible rates and conditions.
- To send options, confirmations (and also amendments and cancellations if needed) out to suppliers and follow-up where necessary, ensuring paperwork accurately reflects requirements.
- To ensure maximum usage of allocation and RU space is being implemented where relevant.
- Attending Fam trips, networking events and trade shows in order to enhance existing supplier relationships as well as create new relationships.
- Attending supplier meetings face to face where appropriate.
- To understand the needs of the clients and the markets in which the company is operating, obtaining this information through trainings and discussions with colleagues.
- To maintain and improve good relations with key hotels.
- To negotiate ad-hoc group rates with contracted and non-contracted suppliers in key locations, in conjunction with the Regional Contracts Manager for the area.
- To negotiate and book space to be sold for events where the department is pro-actively promoting a date for group travel, or a series, and to manage this space.
- To assist other departments within the Company when required.
- Adherence to daily, weekly and monthly tasks completion and deadlines
Essential Qualifications and Knowledge
- A solid knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Well-developed written and verbal communication
- Highly accurate with an excellence attention to detail
- Fluent in English
Essential Experience, Skills and Behavioural Requirements
- Professional approach to work
- Approachable and positive individual with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to make decision and to work on own initiative and in team
- Be a team player and support your colleagues
Desirable Experience, Skills and Behavioural Requirements
- Previous experience in negotiation preferred.