Job Title: .NET Developer
Location (primary): Palma, Spain and Iasi, Romania
What will you do on your journey with WebBeds?
WebBeds is the world’s fastest growing provider of accommodation distribution services to the travel industry. Our products incorporate distribution APIs, payment integrations, ERP integration, Data Lakes, User Interfaces, and others. Our search API reach peaks of more than 50.000 requests per second, each one consisting of tens or hundreds of hotels, with continued expansion.
“We design, deliver and support innovative solutions through engagement, collaboration and a fearsome passion for creating customer value” is our mission as an IT organization.
With this in mind, we strive to be at the leading edge of technology when it comes to build the platform that meets the needs of our Supply partners and customers. This translates to the use of latest technology including .NET Core versions, K8S, microservices architecture, clouds hosting and orchestration, CI/CD pipelines, automated testing, Proactive monitoring, and alerting systems, to name a few.
Our delivery teams have the creativity and freedom to express themselves by building innovative solutions to often complex problems and are challenged to reach higher levels daily. Our teams consist of product owners, QA engineers, Software Engineers, and people from across the business all working collectively and collaboratively. We have a very strong technical team from which you will be able to learn, but are encouraged by new ideas and fresh thinking that you will bring with you.
In this role you will:
- Work as part of a self-managed delivery team composed of Software Engineers, quality assurance engineers, and business analysts.
- Actively take part in all team ceremonies. That way you will collaborate on the definition and mapping of the user stories from the very beginning, on the planning of teamwork, and on the communication with the different stakeholders.
- Embrace a “continuous improvement” mentality, both as an individual and as a team.
- Embrace a “continuous learning” mentality, especially with the WebBeds’ stack of technologies.
- Work with your teammates collaborating, helping, and supporting them; including, but not restricted to code reviews, technical support, retrospective analysis, and feedback.
- Develop high-quality products using the approved stack of technologies.
- Adhere to and implement best practices and methodologies within WebBeds guidelines.
- Deliver your application in a continuous integration and delivery approach and ensure that those delivered applications are effectively managed and monitored to allow them to serve on a 24/7 basis.
- Assume a high level of ownership of the products created during all its lifecycle, that means when developing, going to live and during its life.
- Actively participate in Incident Management, where applicable.
- Collaborate with other teams for pursuing your goals, like architecture, platform engineering, integrations, application support, or other delivery teams.
- Code with a security first mindset.
- Accompany code with the right level of unit testing and collaborate with QA engineers, pursuing a fully automated testing scenario where it is safe to deliver new code.
- Deliver high quality code, which is clean and with the adequate performance.
The skills we would love to see in your suitcase!
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in software development.
- .NET Experience, especially in C# and latest .NET Core versions.
- Proficient level at key OOP concepts: Concurrency, Dependency Injection, Mocking and Unit Testing., Asynchronous programming & Performance and profiling.
- Proficient level at clean coding concepts, with special focus on SOLID
- Fluent English level, both written and oral.
- Self-Motivated and with a high willingness to improve and grow every day.
- Team player, and happy to work in a self-organized team and embracing the shared responsibilities.
- Happy to follow our motto: Build it, Ship it, Support it.