We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced General Manager to lead our operations in Japan. This position will be responsible for overseeing and managing our entities in the region. This role will play a crucial role in driving commercial success, overseeing contracting and sales, and managing a team of dedicated staff to achieve our business objectives in the region.
Job Title: General Manager
Location (primary): Tokyo – Japan
What will you do on your journey with WebBeds?
WebBeds is a global marketplace for the travel trade, providing powerful distribution solutions that make selling and buying accommodation and ground travel product easier. We source content from travel suppliers, connect, aggregate and merchandise that content in our platform, the WebBeds Marketplace, and distribute it to our global network of travel buyers (our distribution partners), who sell to the travelling public.
WebBeds partners are supported through a truly global footprint, we have a team of 1500+ people in 120+ cites across 50+ countries speaking 50+ languages – all focused on ensuring WebBeds delivers value, choice, expertise and an unrivalled level of service.
How you will make an impact?
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Strategy: Help develop and execute the commercial strategy for your region, focusing on revenue growth, market expansion and enhancing the company’s market position.
- Contracting & Partnerships: Lead by example for your team to ensure we establish strong partnerships with hotels & other accommodation providers across an extensive and diverse portfolio of offerings to our clients.
- Sales Management: Drive sales performance through effective leadership and motivation of the sales Monitor and analyse sales data, identify trends, and implement strategies to achieve sales targets.
- Manage & mentor: Manage your teams providing guidance, support, and development opportunities to optimize their performance while fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Operational Efficiency: Continuously improve operational processes to streamline efficiency and provide exceptional customer service to our travel partners.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with other departments, such as marketing, IT and finance, to align strategies and achieve overall company objectives.
- Budget Management: Take responsibility for the financial performance of the Develop and manage budgets, closely monitoring expenses and revenue to ensure financial targets are met.
- Market Analysis: Stay updated with market trends, competitor activities, and industry developments to make informed business decisions and maintain a competitive edge. This role may include elements such as researching new emerging markets, overseeing the opening of a new office, working with HR to support in recruiting or relocating key team members + any ad hoc duties as required of a General Manager role.
The skills we would love to see in your suitcase!
- Degree in business, finance, economics, or related field (MBA/MA would be advantageous).
- Proven experience as GM or a similar leadership role within the travel industry.
- Extensive knowledge, experience and contacts within the APAC region.
- Must be based in the region with eligibility to work in Japan.
- Strong commercial acumen with a track record of achieving revenue growth and market expansion.
- Experience in contracting, sales, and team management, preferably in the travel or hospitality sector.
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills, capable of motivating and guiding a diverse team.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to build and maintain strong partnerships.
- Fluent in English, and proficiency in local languages would be an advantage.