We are looking for a Front End Principal Engineer to lead the Front End Development Initiative. As a Front End Principal Engineer you will take ownership of the Front End stack of technologies and support the teams in their challenges. We are looking for software engineers that go beyond the pure coding, getting involved in all stages of product lifecycle, from the conception to the delivery and support.
We are looking for individuals with an intense sense of ownership, who can understand the business and customer needs that drive to the solutions we implement. We are looking for innovative people that will challenge the status quo, and we will empower them to achieve it.
WebBeds is the world’s second largest accommodation supplier to the travel industry. We are a global company offering ground services (hotels, transfers, tours, activities) to travel professionals. Our products cover our full business needs, from distribution APIs, payment integrations, SAP integration, Data Lakes, User Interfaces, and others. Our search API reach peaks of more than 50.000 request per second, each one with tens or hundreds of hotels. And those numbers are growing every year.
“We design, deliver and support innovative solutions through engagement, collaboration and a fearsome passion for creating customer value” is our mission as an IT organization.
With this in mind, we strive to be at the leading edge of technology when it comes to build the platform that meets the needs of our customers. This translates to the use of latest .NET Standard and React versions, K8S, microservices architecture, multiple clouds, CI/CD pipelines, automated testing or great monitoring and alerting systems, to name a few.
Our product focused delivery teams are self-contained and have end to end ownership of their products. “Build it, ship it, support it” is our motto. Our delivery teams are self-managed, consisting of product owner, QA engineers, Software Engineers, and people from across the business.
We have a strong overall technical team from which you will be able to learn. But we also want the new joiners to provide new fresh ideas and knowledge to our team.
We have multiple teams working with React in the development of new products using a state-of-the-art micro-site strategy, automated testing and our own shared components library.
- Ownership of all shared Front-End components.
- Improve our technological stack, by testing innovative technologies or libraries, developing new shared elements, or executing Proof of Concepts, in collaboration with Architecture and Platform Engineering departments.
- Help the delivery teams with their technological challenges, helping them to succeed, and joining the team from time to time.
- Embrace a “continuous improvement” mentality.
- Embrace a “continuous learning” mentality, especially with the WebBeds’ stack of technologies in the areas of front, back and platform.
- Develop high-quality products using the approved stack of technologies.
- Adhere to and implement best practices and methodologies within WebBeds guidelines.
- Deliver your application in a continuous integration and delivery approach and ensure that those delivered applications are effectively managed and monitored to allow them to serve on a 24/7 basis.
- Assume a high level of ownership of the products created during all its lifecycle, that means when developing, going to live and during its life.
- Actively participate in Incident Management, where applicable.
- Collaborate with other teams for pursuing your goals, like architecture, platform engineering, integrations, application support, or other delivery teams.
- Code with a security first mindset.
- Accompany code with the right level of unit testing and collaborate with QA engineers, pursuing a fully automated testing scenario where it is safe to deliver new code.
- Deliver high quality code, which is clean and with the adequate performance.
Required Key Skills and experience
The candidate should satisfy all the next skills.
Technical skills and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Front End Software Development in leadership, architecture, or similar positions. We are looking for someone that has seen different needs at FE projects and can provide the best approach to solve them.
- Deep Knowledge and Hands on Experience with React version 16.8 or superior.
- Experience with the use of Hooks.
- Experience with Webpack/npm
- Experience with Git.
- Knowledge of React Context API
- Experience consuming and interacting with API, specially REST and GraphQL.
- Experience with Jest and React Testing Library.
Other skills and experience:
- Good English level, both written and oral. Candidates should be able to maintain a fluent conversation.
- Influencing and Motivation skills. Capable of technologically lead by convincing others.
- Self-Motivated and with a high willingness to improve and become every day a better engineer.
- Happy to follow our motto: Build it, Ship it, Support it.
Desirable Key Skills and experience
At WebBeds we expect senior software developers to have part of the next skills and experience. Candidates will be required the will to progress on all of them during their career inside WebBeds:
- Experience with MaterialUI
- Secure and defensive coding practices.
- C# .Net Developing.
- SQL and NoSQL experience, especially with MySQL and Elastic Search.
- Time Series databases, especially Prometheus.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems, both building and using, especially with Graphana.
- Experience in continuous integration and continuous delivery and related tools, like Jenkins or ArgoCD.
- Microservices networking and infrastructure experience, especially in docker and K8S. Experience working with cloud providers, especially Azure and AWS.
- Effective communication level. Being able to collaborate directly with business units.
- Experience in leading, mentoring and supporting less experienced teammates.
- Experience doing analysis and having analytical skills.
- Tourism domain knowledge and experience, especially in hotel distribution market.