Job Title: Contracts Manager – Northern Europe
Reporting to: Regional Head of Purchasing
Location (primary): London, UK
To achieve margin targets set by the company for regions allocated
To achieve the target number and mix of hotels, with competitive prices and availability, as defined by the Head of Contracting.
- Consult and agree with the Head of Contracting on the specific product requirements.
- Expand Webbeds portfolio finding new opportunities by analysing the market trends in the destination.
- Ensure hotels are re-contracted within specified deadlines.
- Organize regular visits to hotels to build and/or maintain relationships.
- Consult and agree with the Head of Contracting on an ongoing basis regarding additions to product.
- Negotiate and contract rates, special offers, allocations, added-value deals, overrides and other special deals ensuring WebBeds has the best rates available on the market. Leading the negotiation process for increasing booking volume in destination.
- Regularly monitor competitor pricing and availability in line with demand.
- Monitor sales performance analysing weekly product/sales reports to identify market trends and revenue/room nights growth opportunities or incidences.
- Liaise with Head of Contracting and yield team to ensure maximum profit, communicate peak and trough dates so they can be priced appropriately.
- Advise on preferred partner hotels in the relevant destinations, negotiate exclusive deals
- Address and resolve any standard/service level issues with suppliers.
- Ensure hotels are inspected and details (photos, amenities etc) updated on a regular basis.
- Communicate destination information regarding peak dates, trade shows, visitor information etc internally.
- Assist and explain tools and procedures to suppliers by giving supplier extranet demonstration and support.
- Assist with group placements as necessary.
- Manage the supplier relationship throughout the period of the contract, including dealing with close out requests and book out issues and liaising with relevant departments accordingly.
- Co-operate with Health and Safety team to ensure reports are completed and up to date.
- Communicate both internally and externally in a professional manner in keeping with corporate guidelines.
Essential Qualifications and Knowledge
- Strong negotiation skills, pro-active, dynamic, passionate, and a team player.
- Able to develop and maintain strong and trusting relationship with hoteliers.
- Stakeholder management skills
- Contracting experience with the tourism industry; established relationships in the specific market.
Essential Experience, Skills and Behavioural Requirements
- Highly accurate with an excellent attention to detail.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional fluency in English; additional languages helpful but not required
- Able to work well under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.