The role of the Contracts Manager is to achieve margin targets set by the company for regions allocated. To achieve the target number and mix of hotels, with the correct prices and availability, as defined by the Director of Contracting. You will be responsible for contracting of the Indian Ocean, experience working in this region is necessary.
Job Title: Contracts Manager Indian Ocean
Location (primary): Spain
- Consult and agree with the Head of Contracting on the specific product requirements.
- Ensure hotels are re-contracted within specified deadlines.
- Identify ‘must-have’ hotels within a destination and contract where appropriate.
- Organize regular visits to local hotels to build and/or maintain relationships.
- Consult and agree with the Head of Contracting on an ongoing basis regarding deletions and additions to product.
- Negotiate added value deals, overrides and special offers.
- Cooperate with the product manager assigned to the destination
- Co-ordinate loading process with the loading team
- Regularly monitor competitor pricing and availability in line with demand.
- Liaise with yield team to ensure maximum profit, communicate peak and trough dates so they can be priced appropriately.
- Advise on preferred partner hotels in the relevant destinations, negotiate exclusive deals
- Address and resolve any standard/service level issues with suppliers.
- Ensure hotels are inspected and details (photos, amenities etc) updated on a regular basis.
- Communicate destination information regarding peak dates, trade shows, visitor information etc internally.
- Register with relevant tourist boards to gain information and to increase company profile
- Assist with group placements as necessary.
- Manage the supplier relationship throughout the period of the contract, including dealing with close out requests and book out issues and liaising with relevant departments accordingly.
- Co-operate with Health and Safety team to ensure reports are completed and up to date.
- Communicate both internally and externally in a professional manner in keeping with corporate guidelines.
Essential Qualifications & Knowledge
- Strong negotiation skills
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Highly accurate with an excellent attention to detail
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Professional approach to work
- Full clean driving license
- Able to travel at short notice
Essential Experience, Skills and Behavioural Requirements
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Fluency in French (spoken and written)
- Contracting experience in the Indian Ocean, especially in the Maldives