The Contracts Manager plays a major role to achieve revenue targets set by the company for allocated destinations and taking full responsibility of the product mix required.
Job Title: Contracts Manager Greece (Athens, Peloponnese)
Location (primary): Athens – home based
- Consult and agree with the Director of Contracting on the specific product requirements.
- Expand WebBeds portfolio finding new opportunities by analysing the market trends in the destination.
- Ensure hotels are re-contracted and on sale within specified deadlines.
- Organize regular visits to hotels to build and/or maintain relationships.
- Consult and agree with the Director of Contracting on an ongoing basis regarding additions to product.
- Negotiate and contract rates, special offers, allocations, added-value deals, overrides and other special deals ensuring WebBeds has the best rates available on the market. Leading the negotiation process for increasing booking volume in destination.
- Regularly monitor competitor pricing and availability in line with demand.
- Monitor sales performance analysing weekly product/sales reports to identify market trends and revenue/room nights growth opportunities or incidences.
- Advise on preferred partner hotels in the relevant destinations, negotiate exclusive deals
- Address and resolve any standard/service level issues with suppliers.
- Ensure hotels are inspected and details (photos, amenities etc) updated on a regular basis.
- Communicate destination information regarding peak dates, trade shows, visitor information etc internally.
- Assist and explain tools and procedures to suppliers by giving supplier extranet demonstration and support.
- Assist with group placements as necessary.
- Manage the supplier relationship throughout the period of the contract, including dealing with close out requests and book out issues and liaising with relevant departments accordingly.
- Co-operate with Health and Safety team to ensure reports are completed and up to date.
- Communicate both internally and externally in a professional manner in keeping with corporate guidelines
- Company and department performance targets, objective, and budget
- Achievement of individual objectives
- Delivery of tasks in a timely fashion to a high quality
- Performance appraisal
Essential Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Contracting experience with the tourism industry; established relationships in the Greek market, especially in Athens and Peloponnese.
- Strong negotiation skills, pro-active, dynamic, passionate, a team player. Willingness to go the extra mile with ambition to achieve both personal and team results.
- Able to develop and maintain strong and trusting relationship with hoteliers.
- Stakeholder management skills and corporate presence
Essential Experience, Skills and Behavioural Requirements:
- Highly accurate with an excellent attention to detail.
- Commercial awareness, problem solving and creativity
- Time management and business strategy
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills in both Greek and English
- Professional fluency in English and Greek
- Able to work well under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is a must.