There are three main aspects to the role of a Contract Associate is to provide commercial and administrative support to a team of Contracts Managers, to maximise contracts performance to ensure department targets are achieved and to build and maintain key relationships internally and externally. This role is based in Las Vegas.
Las Vegas or Orlando
- Responsible for managing and maintaining hotel inventory through monitoring availability and pick-up to ensure sufficient room supply in line with the business needs to include negotiating top ups and close outs directly with the hotels.
- Use different reporting tools to analyse the level of availability of a hotel / destination.
- Responsible for maximising contracts performance through negotiating tactical and special offers at hotel level under Regional Head / Contract Manager’s guidance.
- Loading of adhoc special offers where possible
- Undertaking Price comparisons for a given destination in line with Regional Head / Contracts Managers’ requests to ensure competitiveness of the contract at all times
- Provide administrative support to Contracts Managers, such as:
- Offer extranet training to new and existing hotels
- Upload the contracts to internal system, set contracts live and send out partnership agreements to the hotels
- Maintain the contracts filing system
- Deal with supplier queries such as accounts queries, content, reservations, etc. and follow up on queries as and when required
- Chase the hotels for renewal signatures and proposals as directed by Regional Head / Contract Managers.
- Sending offers for loading using internal procedures
- Undertake weekly destination task list as defined and agreed in conjunction with the Regional Head / Contracts Manager
- Assisting Contract Manager and the Call Centre team with book outs as and when required
- Helping Contract Manager with business development opportunities in new areas within the designated destinations as well as following up on new leads and opportunities
- Acting as first point of contact in absence of the Contract Manager.
- Use any opportunity over the phone with hotels to improve performance and competitive positioning of the company.
- Deal with any other adhoc tasks, such as report preparation, and contract drafting within the destinations as and when required
- Destination production level vs target
- Number of weekly calls to suppliers
- Adherence to weekly task completion and deadlines
- Loss reduction
Essential Experience and Knowledge
- Commercial awareness in the travel industry
- Good Microsoft Office knowledge, especially Excel and Outlook
- Personal effectiveness with strong communication and influencing skills
- Comfortable using phone to negotiate with suppliers.
- Experience in working in fast paced and multi-cultural environment
- Proactive, with ability to offer solutions to issues encountered.
- Personable with lots of enthusiasm and a “can do” attitude
- Team player
- Self- starter
- Ability to use multiple systems
- Ability to negotiate
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the team
- Ability to prioritise
- Organised with impeccable attention to detail
- Numerically astute
- Ability to build effective working relations both internally and external
Desirable Experience and Knowledge
- Travel/Hospitality Experience preferred