The main purpose of the role is to work closely with the Engineering Team responsible for building and managing cloud-native applications. This role will have the primary accountability of developing, implementing and operating Cloud platforms. The Engineer must have demonstrable experience in at least one programming language, previous work in SaaS application development and operations. The ideal candidate will also have prior experience developing applications on either of the three major cloud platforms – AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Technical Design and implementation, on ward maintenance and governance over infrastructure/configuration of SaaS services, Infrastructure as Code, Serverless integration, Instrumentation, Telemetry and Automation.
- Cloud Platform (Azure, AWS, .) infrastructure cost control and management.
- Provision of self-service capabilities (IT Ops, Dev, DevOps and Data Teams).
- Development of a comprehensive monitoring solution.
- Interface with Product manager and Product owner to refine requirements and translate requirements to stories and and epics.
- Close collaboration with Solutions Architects and adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards.
- Collaboration in development of Secure CICD and Development of Environmental (Dev/Test/Stage Prod)
- Ownership of Blueprints.
- Provide feedback regarding development and engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices.
- Identify and troubleshoot any availability and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment, from hardware, operating environment, network, and application.
- Evaluate performance trends and expected changes in demand and capacity, and establish the appropriate scalability plans
- Troubleshoot and solve customer issues on production deployments
- Focus on Operational SLA compliance (Design/Governance and in BAU Scenarios)
- Resolve and act as escalation and coordination point for incidents and problems related to affected automation
- Participation in Root cause analysis and continuous improvement
- Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team structure, but also independently
- Ability to work with 3rd party vendors (i.e. Microsoft, AWS, Dataog etc) for escalation of issues
- Demonstrates analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
- Adhere to ITIL guidelines for Incident, Problem, and Change Management
- Proficient in Cloud / Infrastructure Services such as Terraform & Cloud Formation.
- Knowledge of Go, Python, C, C++.
- Experience in modern software paradigms including cloud applications and serverless architectures
- Skills and experience with agile methodologies.
- Experience working with global and remote teams