Job Title: Business Analyst
Location (primary): Palma, Spain
What will you do on your journey with WebBeds?
WebBeds is the world’s fastest growing provider of accommodation distribution services to the travel industry. Our products incorporate distribution APIs, payment integrations, ERP integration, Data Lakes, User Interfaces, and others. Our search API reach peaks of more than 50.000 requests per second, each one consisting of tens or hundreds of hotels, with continued expansion.
“We design, deliver and support innovative solutions through engagement, collaboration and a fearsome passion for creating customer value” is our mission as an IT organization.
With this in mind, we strive to be at the leading edge of technology when it comes to build the platform that meets the needs of our Supply partners and customers. This translates to the use of latest technology including .NET Core versions, K8S, microservices architecture, clouds hosting and orchestration, CI/CD pipelines, automated testing, Proactive monitoring, and alerting systems, to name a few.
Our delivery teams have the creativity and freedom to express themselves by building innovative solutions to often complex problems and are challenged to reach higher levels daily. Our teams consist of product owners, QA engineers, Software Engineers, and people from across the business all working collectively and collaboratively. We have a very strong technical team from which you will be able to learn but are encouraged by new ideas and fresh thinking that you will bring with you.
How will you make an impact?
The Business Analyst role is to support the business needs by taking on board requirements and defining/shaping business processes within the operational area according to standards established. You will be in charge of analyzing, designing, defining and developing the business requirements, and translating them into functional requirements to be passed to the development teams for the production of technical requirements and kick off development. You will also represent and work with the business on clarification for the requirements and will run the UAT sessions with the business. Key elements to this role include, but not limited to:
- Understands business requirements, objectives, and plan.
- Understand and interprets business needs from an analysis perspective, collaborating with business teams to ensure coherent vision for the requirements that need it.
- Develops and elaborates functional designs in order to cover business needs.
- Analyze business logic, modules and business applications, users interface utilizing appropriate tools following the policies and standards established by IT.
- Study the business process and identifying the existing gaps. Recommending the necessary changes to bridge the gaps.
- In Depth understanding of the AS-IS and TO-BE business processes and experience in converting these requirements into technical specifications.
- Provide support during design and implementation processes, roll outs, systems maintenance elaborating their respective manuals and documentations.
- Promote and participate in training relevant to each change process, elaborating their respective manuals and documentation.
- Conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and verifying performance, reliability, and fault tolerance issues.
The skills we would love to see in your suitcase!
- Good understanding of Hospitality Industry.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a BA within travel.
- Knowledge and Experience in Business processes within the Tourist Industry
- Proactive and eager to learn new tools and their usage.
- Analysis and technical management of requirements.
- Application solution definition, module analysis, and unit testing.
- Product software life cycle and product software change manage.
- Content Management tools (JIRA, and Confluence).
- Agile and lean project management.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment.
- Conceptual and Abstract thinker.
- Good team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Analytical capabilities.
- Professional maturity.